2017 Student Art Contest
The Due Date January 30,2017
Building Bridges: Engaging Our Communities and Families for Student Success
Art Contest Prompt
Families and communities affect who we are and what we stand for more than we know. As you think about the influence of your family and communities on “who” you are today, we invite you to create a piece of visual art that addresses the following prompt:
- How has your family and/or communities helped you to become the student or person you are today?
As you create your work of art, please consider the following additional primers to help your thinking. Do not feel like you have to address the items below. They are meant to simply help you think about the prompt question above.
- Visually represent your sense of family and community.
- Show how you and your family define success.
- Capture ways families and communities could be brought in to the schooling process.
- Depict ways you have been enriched by your families and communities.
- Please make a personal connection to the conference theme.
Also, as you create your work of art, please note the following parameters for submission of
- The art submission must be a scan or photo of the original artwork.
- Visual art pieces include any of the following:
- Photograph / rendered photograph
- Digital Art
- Illustration (pencil, charcoal, colored pencil, marker)
- Painting (acrylic, oil, watercolor, spray paint)
- Sculpture (3-D piece including textiles, weavings, baskets)
- You will need to submit a 150-word artist statement describing your art piece.
Please submit (via email) the photo or scan of the art piece as well as the 150-word artist statement by Monday, January 30, 2017 to Dr. Kyle Reyes at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions can also be directed to Dr. Reyes.